In St. Petersburg, decide where to install the 80-meter monument of the Savior
Yesterday at 20:47, views: 2975
The Committee for Urban Planning and architecture of St. Petersburg on behalf of governor Georgy Poltavchenko is considering options to install the sculpture of Jesus Christ by Zurab Tsereteli. Figure Savior very large-scale – 33 meters in height, plus a pedestal, which can reach more than 40 meters. As one of the places considered Nevsky district. Among the options are also featured Kolpino.
We have contacted the eminent sculptor and asked on what ground Zurab himself would like to see a monument giant?
Photo: Gennady Cherkasov
– It is important for me that I have finished the job. In my opinion, a monument has turned out unique. The hands of my Jesus turned to the people, it is “Christ preacher.” While the famous “Christ the Redeemer”, which stands on top of a mountain in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, blesses the people. This is their difference.
Initially, I did my Jesus for Sochi. I saw him on a hill in the Imereti Valley. I wanted to figure of Christ stood there for the Olympic Games. There’s also a monument to be erected and the Argonauts. It’s my gift. All this I did for free. It is a pity that there has not found a suitable site.
Now the monument of Jesus Christ is in St. Petersburg. The statue cast Petersburg factory “Monumentskulptura” turned out very good work. I do not want anyone – it disturbed. They want to establish a monument on the banks of the Neva – I am willing to give. Most importantly, it was a lot of fun when I was working and brought the matter to an end.
I have a figure of Christ asks Georgia. He wants monument stood in Mtskheta, near the confluence of the Aragvi and Kura. I hope that he – still find a place in the Russian …
From the Files of “MK”: five of the highest statues of Christ
* Statue of Christ -Tsarya – it is the highest in the world and is set in Poland, in the south-eastern part of the city Swiebodzin. Her height – 33 meters, symbolizing the age at which occurred the death and resurrection of Christ. But due to the 3-meter crown on the head of the statue ahead of the height another monument, which is located in Bolivia
* Christ is the world -. The statue of Cristo de la Concordia is the highest monument in the southern hemisphere, located on San Hill -Pedro in Bolivia and is equal to 34.2 meters. Architects literally copied the statue of Christ in Rio de Janeiro, but it made up 4.2 meters. And the stairs inside the monument, you can climb to the observation deck
* Christ of Vung Tau -. The statue of white marble is considered the highest in Asia. The height of 32 meters, it was established the Catholic Association of Vietnam at the top of the mountain over the sea. A distinctive feature of Christ of Vung Tau – a metal halo around the head, which is both an ornament and a lightning rod
* Christ the Redeemer -. Symbol of Rio de Janeiro and one of the most recognizable monuments set on the mountain Kokovado, where Christ with outstretched hands looking over the city, underneath. Several years ago, eyebrows and fingers of the statue were damaged by the storm, after which it was installed lightning rods. Its height of just over 30 meters. In 2007 the monument made in the list of the Seven New Wonders of the World
* Christ Otero -. Monument is the second name of “Christ on the Mount” and is a symbol of the city of Palencia in Castile. 30-meter high statue is situated on a hilltop in the vicinity of the city and from there Christ with their hands up as a sign of protection as if blessed. Previously, visitors had the opportunity to climb to the head of the statue and see the panorama of the Castilian landscape. Now they have to settle for a viewing platform at the foot of the monument.